Eddy Surname Genealogy

Family Tree for those who have the last name of Eddy, Eddye, Eddi, and other variants. This website is for information only. We are not adding any additional genealogical information. If you want to update your tree go to www.eddyfamilyassociation.com

Notes

Tree:

Matches 51 to 100 of 3,084

 #   Notes   Linked to
51

Genealogy and Ecclesiastical History of Farmington, Connecticut
page 345
730. "NANCY JUDD," to church Aug. 7th, 1831, born Feb. 13th, 1813, to No. (459,) married Nov. 25th, 1832, Lorenzo Eddy, son of No. (462,) born Oct. 30th, 1810; is a farmer, lives near the home of his father and grandfather, southwest of "Osgood Hill;" she to south church, 1842.

THEIR CHILDREN.
1. George Henry, born Jan. 8th, 1835, baptized Oct. 4th, 1835.

2. Ann Louise, born Jan. 25th, 1837.

3. Royal Charles, born Oct. 21st, 1838, was a soldier of 1861.

4. Martin Van Buren, born Sept. 16th, 1840, served three years in army, honorably discharged.

5. Alphonso Judd, born July 24th, 1842.

6. James Munro, born Sept. 29th, 1844; in first Conn., artillery, 1864.

7. Grace Rosabella, born Nov. 10th, 1846, died March 22d, 1856, aged 9.

8. Lillie Victoria, born June 29th, 1853.

9. Rosabella Grace, born Sept. 25th, 1857
Eddy, Lorenzo (I09610)

52

History of the Town of Sullivan, New Hampshire Vol 2

Page 1332

7. REV. NEHEMIAH7 PIERCE, son of Rev. Sem6, 1, was a graduate of the University of Vermont in 1865. He became a Baptist clergyman and had several settlements. See a fuller account of his life at the top of page 593. He d. in Springfield, Ill., March 25, 1873. He m., Nov. 5, 1857, Jane A. Shumway, who d., Nov. 9, 1867. He m. 2d, Dec. 22, 1868, Marcia A. Eddy. He had four ch.: 1. Eugenia K8., b., May 7, 1860; d., Dec. 1, 1866. 2. Mary Hoit8, b., Sept. 5, 1862; d., Dec. 7, 1883; m. Dr. E. A. Sawyer of Gardner, Mass. 3. Lawrence B8., b., May 30, 1863; d., Aug. 4, 1866. 4. Bertha E8., b., April 1, 1871, m. Wm. O. Thompson of Philadelphia, Pa. The places of the births and deaths of the ch. of Rev. Nehemiah Pierce were not given in the statement that reached us
Eddy, Marcia Augusta (I35201)

53

Norton Vital Records

Page 350

William and Betsy Eddy of Taunton, int. July 30, 1825.

Marriage Index: MA, 1633-1850
Married: July 30, 1825 in: Taunton, Bristol Co., MA
Gender: F This record can be found at: Family History Library, Salt Lake City, UT, Film # 0899100.
Spouse name: Woodward, William

Family: Woodward, William / Eddy, Elizabeth (F25745)

54

Roger Williams of Providence, R I page 168

VI. 5. CATHERINE WILLIAMS b. 1765
d. Sept. 20, 1820
Mar. URIAH EDDY b. Jan. 9, 1770
d. 1831
VII. 1. URIAH EDDY b. Sept. 15, 1801
Mar. (1) MARY GALLUP
(2) MARIAH HORSWELL
VIII. 1. SAMUEL EDDY d. young
VIII. 2. PHEBE EDDY
VIII. 3. HULDAH EDDY (by 2nd wife) d. yng.
VIII. 4. MARY EDDY d. young
VIII. 5. SAMUEL EDDY (single) (Civil War
soldier, died in Libby prison)
VIII. 6. MATHILDA EDDY d. young
VIII. 7. JAMES EDDY (single) d. in Libby Pr.
VII. 2. WILLIAM EDDY b. 1798 d. Sept. 4,
1875
Mar. ELIZA B. GREATRIX b. May 28,
1803 d. Jan. 1, 1900
VIII. 1. ALICE A. EDDY b. Feb. 22, 1828
d. Apr. 12, 1890
Mar. GEORGE A. TANNER
IX. 1. ALICE M. TANNER
Mar. FREDERIC T. JOHNSON
X. 1. WINIFRED B. JOHNSON
Mar. (1) EDWARD COOPER
(2) CHARLES POTTER
X. 2. FREDERIC L. JOHNSON
Mar. MARY INGRAM
XI. 1. FREDERIC L. JOHNSON JR.
XI. 2. VIRGINIA JOHNSON
IX. 2. ARTEMUS WINIFRED TANNER
Mar. ELLA L. DEANE
X. 1. WALTER DEANE TANNER
Mar. DORIS McKNIGHT
IX. 3. CATHERINE TANNER (single)
IX. 4. ANNABELLE TANNER
Mar. (1) CLIFFORD DEANE
(2) HERBERT J. RAYNOR
VIII. 2. CATHERINE A. EDDY b. 1823
Mar. NICHOLAS B. TANNER (Bro. of Geo.)
VIII. 3. WILLIAM A. EDDY
Mar. (1)
(2) MERCY BROWN
IX. 1. HENRY EDDY
Mar. ANNIE KINNECOM
X. 1. CLARA EDDY
Mar. ASHLEY PARMALEE
X. 2. ETHEL EDDY
X. 3. BEATRICE EDDY
IX. 2. HARRIET EDDY
Mar. RATCLIFFE
IX. 3. RACHAEL EDDY b. 1867 (by 2nd wife)
Mar. SIMMONS
IX. 4. SUSAN EDDY
IX. 5. WILLIAM A. EDDY d. young
VIII. 4. SARAH B. EDDY (twin to William)
Mar. ANDREW J. MOFFITT
VIII. 5. MARY L. EDDY
Mar. DANIEL SWEENEY, Calif.
VII. 3. ANTHONY EDDY
VII. 4. MERCY EDDY (single)
VII. 5. ZACHARIAH EDDY
VI. 6. JEREMIAH WILLIAMS b. 1768
Mar. AMY A. KNIGHT (sister of Anna)
d. 1848
VII. 1. THOMAS WILLIAMS
Mar. MARY A. ROUND
VIII. 1. JAMES A. WILLIAMS b. July 28, 1810
Mar. LAURANIA BERRY b. Oct. 23, 1814
IX. 1. HENRY WILLIAMS b. Oct. 1, 1835
IX. 2. JAMES A. WILLIAMS JR. b. Mar. 23,
1837 d. Dec. 9, 1867
Mar. ELIZA HATTEN Sept. 10, 1857
X. 1. MARY ELIZABETH WILLIAMS d. young
IX. 3. ELENEZER WILLIAMS b. Mar. 17, 1840
IX. 4. MARY ELIZA WILLIAMS b. & d. 1845
VIII. 2. CALEB WILLIAMS b. Mar. 5, 1821
d. May 4, 1903
Mar. ANN ELIZA BELCHER
IX. 1. FRANCES WILLIAMS b. 1850 d. 1936
Mar. BENJ. GORTON WALLEN b. 1843 d. 1922
Eddy, Uriah (I06481)

55

The Humphrey Family

Page 15

(124) LYDIA MARIA HUMPHREY married, Nov. --, 1876,--
296 George Eddy.
Residence: Newport, R. I.
Occupation: Meat-merchant.
Children: EDDY.
297 Emma Allen; b. Oct. 16, 1879.

Eddy, George Albert (I41381)

56
JOHN EDDY

ORIGIN: Boxted, Essex
MIGRATION: 1630 on Handmaid
FIRST RESIDENCE: Plymouth
REMOVES: Watertown 1631
CHURCH MEMBERSHIP: Admission to Watertown church prior to March 1632/3 implied by Winthrop anecdote [ WJ 1:120].
FREEMAN: 3 September 1634 (eighth in a sequence of eleven Watertown men) [ MBCR 1:369].
EDUCATION: On 29 November 1670 Watertown selectmen ordered "that John Edy senior shall go to John Fisk his house and to Georg Lorance and Willyam Preist houses to inquire about their children whether they be learned to read the English tongue and in case they be defective to warn in the said John, Georg and Willyam to the next meeting of the selectmen" [ WaTR 102], and on 3 January 1670/1 "John Edy senior and Isaak Sternes were appointed to speak with Willyam Knop about the education of his daughter and to make return how they find it as to her education and also being kept under restraint and government" [ WaTR 104]. His inventory included "a chain, a small table, a parcel of books" valued at 10s.
OFFICES: Watertown selectman, 23 August 1634, 30 [Nov]ember 1635, 10 October 1636, 7 November 1670 [ WaTR 1, 2, 102]; with Nathaniel Treadway "nominated to look to the orders of hogs & fences," 14 January 1655/6 [ WaTR 44]
ESTATE: Granted Great Dividend of fifty acres at Watertown, 25 July 1636 [ WaBOP 5]; granted Beaverbrook Plowland of nine acres, 28 February 1636/7 [ WaBOP 6]; granted Remote Meadow of nine acres, 26 June 1637 [ WaBOP 8]; granted farm of one-hundred-twenty-three acres, 10 May 1642 [ WaBOP 13].
In the Watertown Inventory of Grants John Eddy held ten parcels: sixteen acre homestall; two acres of meadow; Great Dividend of fifty acres; nineteen acres and a half of upland beyond the Further Plain; nine acres of Remote Meadow; six acres of upland; two acres and one rood of marsh; one acre and a half of meadow; seven acres of plowland in the Hither Plain; and one acre and a half of meadow in Ward's Meadow [ WaBOP 81]. In the Inventory of Possessions he held three parcels, which he had acquired from Emanuel White: twenty acre homestall; three acres of Remote Meadows; and Great Dividend of twenty-five acres [ WaBOP 117; see also WaBOP 78]. In the Composite Inventory he held seven parcels: forty acre homestall; four acres of meadow; Great Dividend of fifty acres; Great Dividend of twenty-five acres; nineteen acres and a half beyond the Further Plain; twelve acres of Remote Meadow; and a farm of one-hundred-twenty-three acres [ WaBOP 25].
In his will, dated 11 January 1677[/8?] and proved 16 December 1684, "John Eddie of Watertowne, senior," bequeathed to "my son Samuell Eddie ... my homestall being by estimation forty acres more or less with my dwelling house and barn and all the appurtenances thereunto belonging, with seven acres of meadow and upland lying right over against Widow Barnard's house," he to pay to "my son John Eddie thirty pounds," as further limited by a writing "my sons-in-law John Miriam and Thomas Orton had ... of me"; also to "my son Samuell aforesaid a lot of twelve acres of upland more or less lying and being on the top of Stonie Brook Hill"; to "my four daughters Marie Orton, Sarah Miriam, Pilgrim Steadman, Ruth Gardner, a hundred acres of upland ... being a farm lying near upland called Nonesuch ... to be equally divided between my four daughters aforesaid"; to "my two sons aforesaid Samuell and John Eddie" all movables to be equally divided between them; "as for my dear and wellbeloved wife I have a writing under my hand and witness to it with the particulars therein mentioned what she shall enjoy after my death"; to "my son John aforesaid fourscore and five acres of land being land called by the name of farm land"; son Samuel Eddy to be executor [ MPR Case #6825].
The inventory of the estate of John Eddy was taken 8 December 1684 and totalled
Eddy, John (I44353)

57
Addison G. EDDY Other S Male W 26 MA Teamster MA MA

Source Information:
Census Place Spencer, Worcester, MA
Family History Library Film 1254566
NA Film Number T9-0566
Page Number 246B
Eddy, Addison G. (I05926)

58
May 12, 2004
Susan Kondratick
sfeddy@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

I am daughter of Walter Arnold Eddy, who was the 5th of 6 sons born to Samuel Jefferson Eddy of Silex, Lincoln, Missouri. One of my uncles has traced out family to (I believe) William or John Eddy who was a vicar in the Church of England and who either traveled to America (or his sons traveled to America) on the ship "Handmaid or Handmade" in the 1620's.

I am interested in information about the family and/or joining any association that would assist me in tracing out family. It was my understanding that one of the descendents was in the Revolutionary War and my sister and I would be interested to verify that.

Can you assist?

Susan Eddy-Kondratick

Walter A. Eddy
DUMAS - Walter A. Eddy, 78, died Monday, Dec. 11, 2000.

Memorial services were at 11 a.m. Thursday in First United Methodist Church with the Rev. John Wagner officiating. Burial was in Memory Gardens Cemetery at Amarillo by Blackburn-Shaw Funeral Directors, Memorial Chapel, Fifth Avenue and Pierce Street.

Mr. Eddy was born in Silex, Mo., and had lived in Dumas since 1952. He served in the Army during World War II. He was a receiving clerk for Phillips Petroleum and attended First United Methodist Church.

He married Doris Schuster in 1944 at Troy, Mo.

Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Susan Eddy of Dumas and Sharon Bethel of Pueblo, Colo.; two brothers, Wayne Eddy of Amarillo and David L. Eddy of Dumas; six grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.

Eddy, Walter Arnold (I16338)

59
Raymond P. EDDY Self W Male W 56 RI Physici
Raymond P. EDDY Son S Male W 28 RI Medl. Student RI RI
Nancy I. BURT Other S Female W 43 MA Keeping House MA MA

Source Information:
Census Place Smithfield, Providence, RI
Family History Library Film 1255215
NA Film Number T9-1215
Page Number 281C

History of Providence County, RI
Richard M. Bayles, Editor, Vol. I
New York: W. W. Preston & Co., 1891
Chapter IV - The Profession of Medicine
Raymond P. Eddy, M.D., of Greenville, was born in Smithfield, August 17th, 1823. His early years were spent working on the farm and in the mill, and for a time he was engaged in the jewelry business. His health failing he turned his attention to the study of medicine. In 1860 he received the degree of M.D. from the Medical Institute of Cincinnati, OH, and since that time has practiced in the town of Smithfield. He was married November 27th, 1846, to Eliza, daughter of Harry Smith. Their children were: Albert Fulton, Elmer Bertley and Raymond Perry. Mrs. Eddy died April 6th, 1842*; and Doctor Eddy married his second wife, Miss Ella M. Hawkins, and by this marriage is the father of one daughter, Ruth Pearl Eddy.
[* transcriber's note: this is obviously a typo - she married her husband in 1846, and bore a son in 1850]
Elmer Bertley Eddy, son of the last noticed, was born in Smithfield, January 8th, 1850. After his graduation from the Lapham Institute, in 1870, he began the study of medicine under his father. He graduated from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New York, in 1873, and practiced with his father a short time afterward. He is now practicing in Olneyville.
Eddy, Raymond Perry (I12706)

60 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Eddy, E.J. (I01249)

61
Married: Tuesday, December 16, 1919
12
Age: 69
Date of Birth: Tuesday, August 22, 1899
Place of Birth: NEWFOUNDLAND, CANADA
Date of Death: Sunday, October 13, 1968
Place of Death: SAGINAW, MI
Miscellaneous
Year moved to US/Saginaw: SAGINAW 1926
Cemetery: ROSELAWN
Misc: RESIDED 1821 STONE ST.
Church: 1ST PRESBYT.
Funeral Home: CASE
Eddy, Pearl (I79639)

97
John Cary the Plymouth Pilgrim page 155-156
Ezra Cary, son of Joseph, Sec. 61, b. Plainfield, Ct., Aug. 25, 1785; m. and removed to Richfield, N. Y., where he died.

Children:
I. Ezra.
II. Eliza; m. William H. Hanna.
III. Zeneah; m. Mr. Eddy.
IV. Abigail.
V. Albert, Norwich, N. Y.
VI. Alanson, Troy, N. Y.
Eddy, Russell (I24895)

98
Leland Magazine page 163
Timothy Lamson and Betsy Boice. Mary M. 1799 Lemuel H. Elliott, Providence, R. I. See Sketch below.
Ebenezer B 1801 1828 Concord, Mass. Editor & Publisher.
Caroline M. 1804 James W. Thurber, Providence, R. I. Hus. Master Mariner.
Elizabeth M 1807 Nelson S. Eddy, do do Hus. Merchant, Man.

Nelson T. Eddy & Eliza. M. Lamson. Adfia, 1827 Providence, R. I.
Ellen, 1829 do do

Eddy, Nelson Steere (I12473)

99
Lyman T. EDDY Self M Male W 38 PA Bookkeeper CT CT
Margaret E. EDDY Wife M Female W 41 PA Keeping House PA PA
Alma F. EDDY Dau S Female W 17 PA At Home PA PA

Source Information:
Census Place Milesburg, Centre, Pennsylvania
Family History Library Film 1255112
NA Film Number T9-1112
Page Number 102D
Eddy, Lyman Thomas (I30730)

100
Michigan Marriages From 1840 to 1899, Surnames Beginning with E to G page 55
FRIZZLE, IRA R. marr. EDDY, SOPHIA E. 26/02/1851
Family: Frizzle, Ira L. / Eddy, Sophia E. (F06466)

Contact Us

Webmaster Message

We strive to document all of our sources in this family tree. If you have something to add, please let us know.